The Department of Research and Teaching of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac launches its call for applications for the "Thesis Prize 2020". Objective: to encourage and support research work in the fields of Western and extra-Western arts, tangible and intangible heritage, museum institutions and their collections, technology and material culture. The disciplines concerned are anthropology, ethnomusicology, art history, history, archaeology, performing arts and sociology.
To this end, two thesis prizes for publication support totalling 8,000 euros are awarded each year to two doctoral theses that stand out for their scientific interest and originality.
Theses written in French or English and defended since 1 October 2018 will be taken into account (only one application is possible). This thesis must deal with a subject related to the fields of research favoured by the museum.
The selection will be made by the Scientific Evaluation Committee of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac.
Nominations must be submitted by the thesis director or by a recognised scientific personality.
Documents to be provided for the constitution of the application file :
Why not enjoy unlimited reading of UP'? Subscribe from €1.90 per week.
- thesis defence report (in the case of countries where the defence report does not exist, please indicate this specifically in the application file, and attach the examiners' reports) -
- certificate of qualification issued by the university of affiliation
- summary of the thesis (in 10 pages maximum)
- CV and list of publications
- letter of recommendation from a scientific personality other than the thesis supervisor
- letter from the thesis director justifying the application
- a copy of the thesis on CD-Rom, USB key or other digital support (if possible as a pdf file)
- application form, which can be downloaded at the following address http://www.quaibranly.fr/fr/recherche-scientifique/activites/bourses-et-prix-de-these/prix-de-these/
Deadline for applications June 1st, 2020 (date as postmarked).
The file should be sent to : Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac, Département de la recherche et de l'enseignement, 222, rue de l'Université. 75343 Paris Cedex 07.
It can also be dropped off at the museum reception desk during opening hours (222, rue de l'Université, Paris 7e).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
The list of candidates admitted to the competition will be published on 15 June and the results at the end of November on the museum's website.