East March, twelve companies were shortlisted among the vibgt startups and SME candidates. These twelve companies were able to present their project before a Franco-American jury made up of healthcare experts, investors and organizations specializing in innovation: Jean-Luc Boulnois, CEO Quadrature and Business Angel, Bpifrance and partners French Tech Hub and Mednest. At the end of this second round, eight companies were selected based on several criteria: the innovative nature of their solution, the expertise of their team and their potential for development in the United States.
Prior to this mission of immersion in the heart of the North American health ecosystem, companies benefit today from a day of coaching in business practices in the United States, organized by Bpifrance, allowing them to be directly operational as soon as they arrive in Boston:
- Awareness of American business culture
- A training course dedicated to pitching in order to adapt their speech to their North American interlocutors
- An individualized 360-degree diagnosis of industrial property with the INPI.
The mission will take place April 23-27, with the winners participating in an intensive five-day program in Boston, beginning with the World Medical Innovation Forum, a conference of more than 1,000 leading healthcare organizations. Organized by Partners Healthcare, the largest hospital conglomerate in the Boston area, the conference will focus on the advances and opportunities created by artificial intelligence in healthcare.
Winners will also participate in workshops on the reimbursement system, the organization of the U.S. healthcare system and fundraising strategies, as well as mentoring and pitching sessions at two healthcare technology events. Thanks to this program, the eight winners will benefit from greater visibility on the North American market.
Why not enjoy unlimited reading of UP'? Subscribe from €1.90 per week.
The eight laureates present a wide range of technologies, from medical devices to connected devices to diagnostic and monitoring tools:
- aiVision is a teleophthalmology diagnostic technology based on artificial intelligence algorithms that is already operational for the early detection of the world's leading cause of blindness: diabetic retinopathy.
- BaseCamp Vascular offers a robotic catheterization solution for endovascular navigation to facilitate stroke treatment.
- Implicity is developing a multi-vendor platform that allows hospitals and clinics to remotely manage alerts generated by their patients' cardiac implants.
- Lifeaz s mission is to save lives by revolutionizing first aid and making every citizen a hero who can respond to emergencies. Lifeaz develops Everyday HeroesA digital training platform for life-saving procedures, combined with a connected, easy-to-use defibrillator.
- PKvitality is developing K'Watch, a smartwatch that allows diabetics to monitor their glucose levels simply, discreetly and painlessly, and which alerts them in the event of hypo or hyperglycemia.
- Stemcis develops and markets sterile, single-use medical devices for the closed-circuit manipulation of fat tissue for plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Tilak Healthcare is revolutionizing the detection and monitoring of patients with chronic eye disease using clinically validated mobile video games.
- VitaDX is developing a non-invasive solution for the early diagnosis of bladder cancer using fluorescence imaging and artificial intelligence.