A major Franco-German consultation is being organised by the G9+ Institute with Roland Berger, Croissance+, Bpifrance and Make.org on the theme "How to bring out the European digital champions? »
Ahe European elections to be held in May 2019 offer a great opportunity for a great European digital awakening. Thanks to an unprecedented mobilisation of a vast coalition of private stakeholders around the G9+ Institute, the issue of European leadership in digital matters at the heart of the political agenda for the coming months must be put back on the table.
The G9+ Institute, a digital think tank federating 24 communities of graduates from France's grandes écoles and universities, is launching with its partners Roland Berger, Croissance+, Bpifrance and Make.org, a broad Franco-German consultation on the Make.org platform on the issue of the emergence of digital champions, which many people in Europe are calling for.
False information, misuse of personal data, insecurity of exchanges, European citizens increasingly have the impression that the digital world is slipping away from them. There is also the question of economic and democratic sovereignty, when we see the monopoly of the digital giants, none of which is European. Today, a real collective awareness is needed.
For the first time, the G9+ Institute and its partners will enable French and German citizens to take ownership of this issue on a massive scale, encourage citizen or political initiatives and, thanks to their massive participation, produce a citizen's White Paper, the first real citizen's roadmap on the subject.
- 6 November 2018: launch of the consultation in France and Germany, citizens can make proposals or vote on those of others.
- 5 January 2019: Closing of the first round of voting for French and German citizens
- January 6, 2019: opening of the 2nd round of voting where French and German citizens are asked to vote for the Top 10 of the best French and German proposals.
- 13 January 2019: closing of the citizens' consultation
- January 20, 2019: delivery of the final results for a citizen white paper, the first real citizen roadmap by the G9+ Institute, Croissance Plus and Roland Berger, Bpifrance and Make.org.
- March 2019: Major Franco-German event organized by the consultation partners, allowing the presentation of the main results and the holding of contradictory debates,
- Contribution to a leading Franco-German, European or international political event, capable of generating commitments for action around the flagship proposals,
- Mobilization of companies and associations around certain proposals that can be directly actionable at their level.
"We want to mobilize companies and associations around proposals that can be directly actionable at their level. Civil society players must take up European issues, including the continental growth of innovative digital societies for more progress and employment. This will involve Franco-German initiatives". says Luc Bretones, President of the G9+ Institute.
For Anne Bioulac, co-Managing Partner of Roland Berger "It seemed natural to us that Roland Berger, the only strategy consulting firm of European origin, should join this Franco-German initiative. As early as December 2016, we were already advocating the creation of a "European strategy consulting firm". Franco-German digital valley " a means of actively shaping the future of the European continent. After falling behind in the digital world, Europeans have a chance to create AI champions and France and Germany can be the driving force in this battle. »
"CroissancePlus is fighting to break down the barriers to growth for French companies. Digital is now a major concern in order to move from the success of start-ups to that of scale-ups by building groups capable of playing leading roles on a global scale. » adds Nicolas d'Hueppe, Chairman of the Digital GrowthPlus Commission.