The Cité internationale universitaire de Paris, with the support of the patronage of Caisse des Dépôts, is launching the third edition of the "Gardens of the World in Motion" competition. Candidates are invited to create ephemeral creations in the gardens of the Cité internationale. A grant of €8,000 per project will be awarded to five selected projects.
Che competition is intended for architects, town planners or landscape designers, who are graduates or enrolled in an establishment providing one of these courses and who have a maximum of ten years' experience.
Imagined on the theme of nature in the city and taking into account the challenges of sustainable development, these ephemeral creations in situ will have to meet three essential conditions:
- dialogue with the architectures of the Cité internationale by integrating harmoniously into the gardens;
- to propose a strong identity linked to the stylistic influence of a house;
- take into account at least one dimension of sustainable development: bio-sourced materials, rainwater recovery, ecological niches, resource sharing, eco-responsible behaviour, etc.
Interested participants must submit an application in French or English before midnight on 11 February 2019, exclusively by email.
Dates to remember :
- February 11, 2019 at midnight: deadline for sending the application form ;
- Between 15 and 24 March 2019: the selected candidates will be invited to participate in a technical visit on site in order to clarify any questions related to the installation of their works;
- the selected candidates commit to install their works by May 15, 2019 at 10 am.