::: 03/03 - Les Annales des Mines is organising a round table on Tuesday 3 March 2020, from 6pm to 8.30pm, on the theme of air pollution.
Air pollution is one of the central concerns of the French, it is also an important health issue. The effects of air pollution affect both human health and ecosystems, as well as the preservation of heritage and historical monuments. Air pollution is responsible for approximately 400,000 premature deaths per year in Europe. 24 billion per year in direct costs in Europe (health care expenditure, lost working days, damage to crops and buildings, etc.).
An issue of Responsibility & Environment entitled "Air Pollution "was published in October 2019 to shed light on the following themes:
- The different components of air pollution, the impact on human health and its problems;
- French and European public policies, the action of local authorities and the point of view of associations ;
- The economic stakes, the technical and industrial perspectives and, finally, the scientific perspectives.
To illustrate and continue the analyses and debates in this issue, the Annales des Mines is organizing a round table with several authors, followed by a debate with the public.
18h00 - 18h30 : Welcome of participants
18h30 : Introduction by François VALÉRIANEditor-in-Chief of the Annales des Mines, Conseil Général de l'Economie.
18h35: Round table moderated by Jean-Luc LAURENT, honorary mining engineer, member of the editorial board, coordinator of the October 2019 issue, with :
- Jorge BOCZKOWSKIINSERM / University of Paris-Est Créteil
- Loïc BUFFARD, MTES
- Nadia HERBELOTADEME, ADEME
- Richard LAVERGNEGeneral Council for the Economy, Conseil Général de l'Economie
7.30 pm: Debate with the pub
A copy of the issue will be given free of charge to each participant.
Free admission upon registration