The IFA trade fair for technological innovations in Berlin closed today with many surprises, especially in the mobile phone and connected devices sector.
The main concerns: controlling energy consumption, shopping from the fridge, cooking with the help of a chef in the form of a hologram?
– Thomson presented its ThomboxA home automation box, connected to an ADSL modem (Freebox, Livebox, etc.), which allows you to manage your security, comfort accessories (lighting, etc.), windows and doors (shutter and garage motors, etc.), and energy management (electricity consumption, heating, etc.) wherever you are, thanks to scenarios, i.e. sequences of actions programmed on a computer, a touch tablet or a smartphone, from anywhere in the world via the Internet.
– SamsungConnected to each other, but also to you via your smartphone or tablet, objects in the home will soon open up an ocean of possibilities. You can already ask an LG fridge to send you a photo of its interior, to find out if you need to buy more mustard or forming once you get to the supermarket. The Korean group also offers a washing machine that can be activated remotely, and even customized with downloadable washing programs - for lingerie in particular.
– Dyson who created the event. 16 years of research to lift the veil on a small revolution: his 360 Eye vacuum cleaner.This is a camera-equipped, infra-red-sensor-clad machine that is capable of cleaning a room without ever having to go through it twice in the same place, while avoiding bumping into walls and furniture.
Why not enjoy unlimited reading of UP'? Subscribe from €1.90 per week.
- Withings which announced the release of a camera called " Home "The newest addition to our range of products is the HD surveillance camera with integrated sensor to be placed in your home to monitor your home, children, baby and even your favourite pet live. Equipped with 2 digital microphones, an HQ speaker and a 135° wide angle view, as well as an infrared filter, this HD camera is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi compatible.
Marketed at 199.95 euros, Home, with its modern and sleek design, is iOS compatible: all images, videos and notifications are sent to the Apple mobile device, thanks to an application that can be downloaded from the App Store.
Curved TV screens...
- Samsung and LG each present their "flexible" screen, capable of flattening or bending according to the viewer's desires and highlighting the "immersive" effect that it provides associated with ultra high definition (UHD, i.e. four times the definition of HD).
All the marks came with a curved screen in Berlin. Even Sonywho swore a few months ago that he did not want to follow the deal, presented his Bravia S90equipped with a new generation 4.2 audio system, a 360° audio system; or TLC with the largest curved ultra-HD screen in the world: almost 2.8 m diagonal, for the modest sum of 200,000 euros!
... and smartphones too
Le Galaxy Note Edge from SamsungThis half-tablet, half-smartphone object stands out from the competition with a new type of curved screen: as if two screens were connected to each other via an acute angle, except that there is only one screen!
Watches are still worn on the wrist, but they are getting smarter and smarter: they count our steps, check our e-mails or give us the news of the day.
To fight against disinformation and to favour analyses that decipher the news, join the circle of UP' subscribers.
– Samsunga forerunner in this field, has proposed an updated version of its first model with the Galaxy Gear S : eIt detects heartbeat, UV rays, you can also copy your music to it and listen to it without having to connect it to your smartphone again. A tThe size of the image is slightly larger: 2 inches (360 x 480 pixels) when previous models were no larger than 1.6 inches.
– The G Watch from LG, with a traditional "old-fashioned" design, the most aesthetic compared to its competitors with a futuristic design .
– The Motorola 360 Motorcycle It allows you to receive notifications (weather alerts, traffic, delayed flights, etc.), send text messages or monitor your physical activity or heart rate with an integrated pedometer and heart monitor. It also responds to voice commands and synchronizes with an Android smartphone.
- Asus The Asus ZenWatch also offers functionalities dedicated to well-being. With the Asus Wellness Application, it is possible to consult a set of statistics in the field of health and well-being, to measure the number of steps, heart rate, level of effort, relaxation, number of calories burned and even to obtain a score to know your general level of relaxation.
– Sony unveiled a prototype out of his labs to compete with Google Glass. Still under development, these glasses superimpose a screen providing information about the user's vision.
- Samsung the Galaxy Gear VR. Developed with the company Oculus VR, owned since spring by Facebook, the Galaxy Gear VR is a virtual reality headset, which works with the brand new Galaxy Note 4 : the Korean offers a headset in which the user can place a Samsung smartphone in front of his eyes and immerse himself in his 360-degree video games.